Monday, March 12, 2012

An American Hornby

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
2012 - Dutton Juvenile


 Just for clarity's sake, I liken this book and it's author to Nick Hornby, not Bruce Hornsby. And as another aside, I didnt realize this was a juvenile book until I looked up the publisher for this review. Ha. The line blur, I swear!


Anyway, the more I think about this book, the more I like it. The subject matter and story line would automatically make me run in the other direction, but m glad I gave this a shot. Great book. A really great 8-star book.


Amazon descriptionDespite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment